We are quickly entering the time of year when allergies start kicking in. These allergies can be rather annoying – causing you to sneeze (or, at least feel like sneezing), cough, have itchy eyes, and have a runny nose. Allergies can get in the way of your daily life, holding you back from enjoying the beautiful California weather! While these symptoms are obnoxious to deal with, there are numerous ways to suppress them and/or eliminate them. One of the most effective ways to eliminate these symptoms is to keep the allergens out of your home entirely!
How to Keep Allergens Out of Your House
There are a number of things you can do to keep allergens out of your house. Here are a few tips:
- Vacuum regularly. Vacuuming helps to remove dust, pollen, and other allergens from your floors and furniture. Be sure to use a vacuum cleaner with a good filter, which can trap small particles.
- Clean your carpets regularly. Carpets can harbor a lot of allergens, so it’s important to have them cleaned regularly. You can either do this yourself or hire a professional carpet cleaner.
- Get rid of clutter. Clutter can provide a breeding ground for dust mites and other allergens. Get rid of any unnecessary items in your home, especially those that are stored in boxes or closets.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can irritate your airways and make your allergies worse. Use natural cleaning products whenever possible.
- Take off your shoes when you come home. Shoes can track in pollen, dirt, and other allergens. Take them off when you come home and leave them outside or in a closet.
- Run an air purifier. An air purifier can help to remove allergens from the air in your home. Place air purifiers in your living room, bedroom, and other areas where you spend a lot of time.
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
If you’re anything like me, you love laying down on the soft carpet and watching a movie after a long day. Just like you and I, allergens love making themselves comfortable in the soft and clean carpets of your California home – thus, emphasizing the importance of keeping those carpets clean!
- Carpets hold onto allergens. Your carpets act as velcro to allergens – holding tightly to them until a powerful carpet cleaning pulls them away and eliminates them.
- Carpet cleaning removes allergens. As you get your regular carpet cleaning service, you increase the cleanliness of your carpets, thus elevating the overall health of your home!
- There are many different ways to clean carpets. One is buying new carpets altogether – but that’s way too expensive. Luckily for you, Central Valley Carpet Cleaning is able to make your old carpets feel brand new, saving you tons of money!
Don’t keep putting off the health of your home, let Central Valley Carpet Cleaning help with our professional carpet cleaning in Visalia, California! Give us a call at (559) 558-6800 or visit our contact page! We look forward to talking to you soon!